Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Super Simple Thursdays

My dad is the best for a couple of reasons: He's vegan, he's into rollerblading around big cities, he loves to play games, and he is a super cool dude to talk with. As if that weren't enough, my dad is awesome at cooking.

I was lucky to grow up with two parents who cook, and while I can definitely say I've learned a lot of cooking style from my mother, I certainly take after my father.

I mentioned in my previous post that I want to make this blog more "handy" for everyone, vegans and non-vegans alike. So without further ado, I present you with the dinner I ate tonight, prepared mostly by my dad.

YOU WILL NEED:

1 onion
1-2 cloves of garlic
1/2 green bell pepper
1 tomato
1 celery
1 can kidney beans (or black beans)
Your favorite rice ( I used white rice tonight)
Salt and pepper

First, cook the rice, however much rice you like. Second, chop the onion, garlic, pepper, tomato and celery. In a drop of vegetable oil, heat the onion and garlic. Once the soften up, add the remaining ingredients and cook until heated!
(Don't forget you might have to drain the beans first, if you used canned)

Serve the rice with bean and veggie mix on top!

Basically this is the easiest thing you could ever do, and it is vegan, super nutritious, quick, and tasty.

I would love to stay here and rant about how delicious this was, but I have class soon. Just more proof that college students on a budget can eat healthy!

<3

No comments: