Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Apple Muffins!

After sleeping in on this beautiful Saturday morning, Andrew decided he wanted muffins for breakfast (lunch). I headed straight for The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, and flipped through until I found a recipe I had all the ingredients for (which isn't hard, most of them are common household items). Due to the abundance of apples in my fridge, I settled on the Apple-Pecan muffins, but minus the pecans, because my sister is allergic. And so apple-muffin preparation began!

I dubbed Andrew the apple peeler/slicer (2 Macintosh apples), and I set to work on the other dry and wet ingredients. The Joy of Vegan Baking is not only one of my all-time favorite cookbooks, but one that I'd recommend to anyone, vegan or not. It is top for every baked good you can imagine. The muffins this morning were delicious AND nutritious! Flax meal is an awesome and versatile foodstuff.

The chocolate cake recipe in this book is perfect every time, without fail. It astounds my vegan and non-vegan friends alike. I'm still exploring the many wonderful recipes in this book, but let me assure you the chocolate chip cookies are wonderful, as well as the oh-so-simple "banana and chocolate smoothie."



(still cell phone pictures...)



I seriously ate like five. I'm a sucker for vegan cookbooks, so I definitely propose checking them out. Here is a link to Colleen's site for the book, where she has sample recipes! For your pleasure!

http://www.joyofveganbaking.com/

<3
-K

No comments: