Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Introductions!

I admit I am new to blogging. I immensely adore reading the wonderful other vegan bloggers out there, so it was only a matter of time before I hopped on board. My immediate family is entirely vegetarian, while my father and I compose the "vegan section." I am a "viking" because of my heritage...1/2 Norwegian blood! The other half of me is Italian, but I couldn't find something Italian that alliterated with "vegan."

I am a student, a worker, a girlfriend (bless my boyfriend-he recently went veg!) and a musician. A LOT of my time is spent in the kitchen. I am (understated) obsessed with vegan food. Cooking and baking vegan treats is my life, aside from the life I previously mentioned. I have a stack of vegan cookbooks that I refer to endlessly, which I'll list later. They are my base for all things. Not until this very day have I created a recipe that was essentially all my idea. It was a dream come true!

In honor of my commencement hear at Blogger, I present my Curried Risotto with Lentils!



(Sorry I don't have a camera yet...these are cell phone photos)


(Risotto looks like mush...)

I don't have a recipe (yet), although it's very simple. I cooked the risotto as usual, I cooked the lentils separately, and mixed them at the end. I flavored with curry spices and coconut milk. It was delicious! Also my first time ever making risotto...and what work that was. I kept picturing myself as an Italian grandmother in her hillside villa looking over the land as she stirs the risotto and grandchildren tug at her apron...

This is fun!

<3 -K

3 comments:

elsky said...

Yay Kristin! That looks tasty.. minus curry, ew :( Don't worry, you won't be alone, I'll stop by and read this and make horrible comments about how you suck and stuff. (just kidding)

-amanda

Andrea said...

Risotto is the greatest food invention of all mankind. The time it takes to make it is totally worth it. However, I've never thought to add curry! Or coconut milk!

K.D. said...

Thanks guys! I appreciate it =]

Amanda- you don't like curry!?!? It is my life, hah. My sister is abhorred by curry...she complains all night if I make it, because the "house smells like India." I promise not everything I make is curry-oriented, though.

Andrea- I totally agree about risotto. My arm actually hurt from the stirring...but it is so creamy and delicious, I would do it again and again...