Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back with Baked Goods

Of course I had barely begun my blogging adventure when my "life" took over and I ignored my dreams of writing here on a regular basis. Fortunately, I have shed my fears, worries, and insecurities and tossed them in the bin. I have also been baking all this time! Despite not writing about what I created as it formed in my kitchen, cakes, cupcakes and more were brought to life and then devoured.

I have been finished with my first semester of college, a worked-filled yet thrilling experience; I am very close to being free on the road, as my car is now fully operational; I've been working on new music, if anyone checks the link I have on the side; and I have no wisdom teeth anymore!

It is officially summer, complete with jobs and beach days. I am longing to create a perfect beach-picnic, as well as summer soups, salads, and bake-free desserts. Because it does get scorching hot here, my cooking goal for the summer is to experiment and create delicious meals that require minimal time on the stove or in the oven.

Here's what I have been up to the past month:

My birthday cake from Vegan with a Vengeance! Carrot-Coconut...a little dilapidated, but still scrumptious!


Chocolate cookie ice cream sandwiches. Gluten-free chocolate cookies from Babycakes, and vanilla vegan ice cream of some kind, probably Purely Decadent, because that is my favorite.


My boyfriend's graduation cake from Vive le Vegan. Vanilla cake, chocolate in the middle, and raspberry-tofu frosting!


I'm pretty sure these are just plain vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Sugary, gluten-y, and delicious. I honestly kind of forget though, hah.


These are agave vanilla cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, with a chocolate gnache topping.

<3 K

No comments: