Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Quick Update

I have so much to say! But only so much will to say it...it seems whenever I have a strong urge to write a passionate blog entry on food, I'm very far away from a computer. Anyhow, I just want to keep everyone entertained by promising goodies very, very soon.

First, I have tested out the infamous Daiya vegan cheese, and I am a fan. 100%. This is the first vegan cheese I tried, mostly because not only have I heard horror stories about other brands, but I never liked cheese anyway and the whole thing just kind of grosses me out. In fact, Daiya cheese is so realistic that I actually got a little creeped out by it and wasn't going to eat it, because it reminded so much of the real stuff that I abhor. (Sorry cheese lovers. I don't hate you, I just really, really dislike cheese).

It comes in cheddar and mozzarella variety, which makes excellent mac and cheese and pizza, in that order. Pictures in my next post!

http://www.daiyafoods.com/recipes/

Second, I still have fantastic cake recipes up my sleeve! Don't lose hope, I am eager to make them too but it is summer, and I also have a bikini in my closet that makes me feel guilty. Yet I've been sneaking chocolate everyday, so I can't feel that bad. =]

Third, I AM interested in being healthier! I just need so much regulation. I was looking up a whole foods diet, as well as raw vegan and all those kinds of things. The word "diet" turns me off, so I definitely need to get rid of that. I think mostly what is stopping me from "test running" a lifestyle like this is (1) my sugar addiction and (2) I need to be straight with myself. Write myself an essay or something. Other vegan bloggers really do inspire me and give me so much hope toward these kinds of lifestyles, so hopefully in the near future I'll be on my way.

I feel like I had a lot more to say, but I guess that's it! Even when I don't seem to have a lot of activities on my calendar, my brain never stops going so I am always a busy bee. Just ate my late-night applesauce snack. =]

<3 K

P.S. I remember my "lot more" to say! I am doing a lot of constructing on this site, trying to pimp it out and everything, so you'll see a lot of changes in the next week. I am so excited for a finished product, though.

No comments: